Monday, October 1, 2012

Trailer: The Mistaken

The 'O' side of my family is known for being late; it goes with the name. God willing, I will be late for my own funeral (if you're going to be late for anything, that's at least a good thing to be late for). And I'm a little late with this one, because the big release for Nancy S. Thompson's book trailer was last week. Still, it can't hurt to spread the love a little bit, can it? Here, in case you didn't see it last week, is the trailer for Nancy's thriller, The Mistaken, available October 18, 2012.




I am quite excited to see this book in print. I read an earlier version last January, and it's a thriller indeed, well-written, well-paced, and with a hero who finds himself in some seriously grey territory. Tyler Karras lands in Hell, then digs himself even deeper. It's a story that is both moving and grueling (and I mean that in a good way--thrillers are supposed to put you through the wringer right along with the characters, and Nancy delivers), skillfully done. Big congratulations to Nancy. And, maybe I'm not supposed to say anything, but I will have an interview with Nancy here on October 22! Be sure to stop by and meet the woman behind this fine book.

On a side note, we schlepped in to visit the Magpie yesterday and took her to see Finding Nemo 3-D. The film, as always, was a lot of fun. Disney and Pixar know what they're doing when it comes to film making and storytelling. Still, I'm not sure 3-D really enhanced the film all that much, and the rush to convert and re-release the back catalog in 3-D (coming this Christmas: Monsters, Inc. in 3-D!) smacks of being a quick grab for cash. Then again, Disney has a history of re-releasing classics in the theaters every few generations (I remember seeing Pinocchio and Lady and the Tramp in theaters as a child, and I'm NOT that old), so it's nothing new. It is nice for new audiences to see old classics in theaters, where films are really best enjoyed.

6 comments:

  1. Looks/sounds like a great thriller! Thanks for the tip :)

    I still haven't seen a 3D movie! My eyes are a little odd and I couldn't see the older attempts at 3D - one of these days I'll have to try one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting me, Jeff! I really appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...in theaters, where films are really best enjoyed."

    Does that mean I've seriously been missing out by never having been to a movie theater? :P

    That's an awesome trailer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big screen, big scene, big sound - I think it enhances the experience. Of course, there are drawbacks, too, but overall, I think most movies are better in theaters.

      Delete
  4. That's such a great trailer. Love it. I'm going to be showcasing Nancy on my blog, too, later this month.

    ReplyDelete

Alas, due to an overwhelming tide of spam from Anonymous commenters, you must now be a registered user to comment. Sorry, folks, I hope it does not cause inconvenience.